Personal data cover all information that can identify a person and which are necessary for us to deliver our services.
Coco Hotel operates a hotel business in Denmark and collects and processes personal data in order to provide services in this market.
Coco Hotel is a data controller and carries out the handling of personal data in accordance with the applicable legislation.
Coco Hotel collects and process personal data when you are using the services – for example, when making a booking or during and after your stay. In providing your personal data, you consent to the processing of your personal data by Coco Hotel.
How is personal data collected?
Coco Hotel collects exclusively personal information that is relevant for us to be able to provide the service. Special terms and conditions may apply to each service. The personal data are collected in the following manner:
- When you order or book a service with Coco Hotel
- From persons acting/booking on your behalf
- In connection with the provision of offers on services
- Via browser cookies and by the use of Coco Hotel's digital services
- By carrying out user analyses of the services
- From social media, advertising and analysis providers, as well as public records
Coco Hotel collects, among other things, the following personal data:
- Name, address, phone number, e-mail, date of birth and other general personal data
- Credit card information – e.g. as a guarantee for a booking
- Demographic information
- Visiting history
- Feedback from customer analyses and evaluations of our services
- Feedback via competitions (online and offline)
- Browser information
- Information about your business, if a corporate agreement has been concluded
By providing personal data in addition to the general personal data you choose to give Coco Hotel (for example, information about disabilities, allergies and food preferences), you give your consent for us to register and save this potentially sensitive information about you.
In some cases, Coco Hotel supplements personal information about you with information we receive from third parties, for example, a group manager, a colleague or a business partner.
What is personal data used for?
Coco Hotel may collect personal data for one or more purposes. The service you are using determines what information we collect and how it is collected. Coco Hotel collects personal data for the following reasons:
- Processing of your booking and purchase of Coco Hotel's services
- Contact with you before, during and after your stay at Coco Hotel
- Diagnosing errors and optimising technology in the event that problems arise with a booking or service
- Preparing tenders on the use of the Coco Hotel's services
- Improvement and development of the Coco Hotel's services
- Adaptation of Coco Hotel's communications and marketing
- Adjustment of partner communications and marketing
- Compliance with legal requirement
Storage and transfer of personal data
Personal data provided to Coco Hotel are only disclosed to:
- Internal departments
- Selected third parties in connection with the maintenance and servicing of the systems used by Coco Hotel.
- Selected partners, in order to be able to deliver the service you have ordered or reserved – for example, when ordering theatre packages and similar.
- The police and other public authorities, as a result of the requirements of the law or in connection with the investigation of crimes.
Coco Hotel will only keep personal data for as long as they are necessary in regard to the services that Coco Hotel provides, or as legislation dictates. Coco Hotel has procedures for the deletion or anonymisation of personal data, when there is no longer a purpose to the processing of the personal data provided.
According to applicable legislation on personal data, you have a number of rights. Your rights are the following:
- You have the right to view the personal data Coco Hotel stores about you.
- The right to have your personal data corrected and updated that Coco Hotel has registered about you.
- The right to have personal data deleted that Coco Hotel has registered about you, but not information that Coco Hotel is obliged to save in accordance with the legislation.
- The right to withdraw consent for the processing of personal data you have submitted to Coco Hotel. The processing of your personal data will then cease, unless Coco Hotel is required to process the personal data in accordance with the legislation.
You can ask Coco Hotel to provide you with a print-out of your personal data, have your personal data updated, make objections, or request to have your personal data deleted. The request must be made in writing (and signed) and include your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address. You can also contact Coco Hotel, if you believe that your personal data are processed in violation of the law or other legal obligations:
The request should be sent to:
1620 Copenhagen V
F.A.O.: Matthias Timmermann
Coco Hotel will send the print-out to your postal address within one month of receipt of your request. Coco Hotel may reject requests that either are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (e.g. if a new system is to be developed to provide information), affects the privacy of others, or in situations where the desired action would be regarded as highly complex (e.g. a request for information that is only found in backups).
If you have any questions, comments or complaints regarding Coco Hotel's processing of personal data, you may contact:
1620 Copenhagen V
F.A.O.: Matthias Timmermann
Should you remain dissatisfied with the way Coco Hotel has handled your complaint, you may then direct your complaint to the Danish Data Protection Agency.