We believe in a sustainable future
We believe that we must all contribute to a sustainable future. That is why we are working on several initiatives aimed at securing positive change that is beneficial beneficial for the environment, from smaller things such as choosing only organic linen and bed sheets, to large scale initiatives such as our very own solar park providing the hotel, as well as all of Cofocos restaurants, with green and sustainable energy.
The solar park covers an area of six hectares, which is the equivalent of nine football fields. In addition to generating sustainable energy for Coco Hotel and Cofoco's restaurants, the solar panels generate a large amount of sustainable energy for the national energy grid.
For more information on Cofoco's solar park, click here.
During the recent renovation of Coco Hotel, the building was supplied with energy and water saving solutions, securing that running the hotel does not take up more resources than necessary.
At Coco Hotel we live up to the leading international standards for sustainable hotel operations. We have the Green Key certification, and we have prepared an Environmental Policy for the hotel. Scroll down to see our policy.
Coco Hotel Environmental Policy
As a responsible company, Coco Hotel will protect the environment and nature in connection with its activities. The hotel operate with the use of sustainable practices with inspiration from Cofoco's existing practices and actions. This means that we:
- Save on nature's resources and strives for our company to minimise the environmental impact.
- Continually seeks new knowledge and technology that ensures increased environmental protection.
- Initiates initiatives and uses products that save energy and water
- Informs employees how to care for the environment.
- Ensures a high degree of recycling and minimisation of waste.
- Encourages our suppliers to live up to our level environmentally.
- Follows Green Key's criteria at all times, follows up on Green Key's inquiries and works actively with the scheme's recommendations.
The Green Key award is the leading standard for excellence in the field of environmental responsibility and sustainable operation within the tourism industry. This prestigious eco-label represents a commitment by businesses that their premises adhere to the strict criteria set by the Foundation for Environmental Education. A Green Key stands for the promise to its guests that by opting to stay with the Green Key establishment, they are helping to make a difference on an environmental level.
For more information about Green Key, click here
Image gallery from our solar park in Nees